About State Department of Petroleum
The State Department for Petroleum was established under Executive Order No. 1 of May, 2016 on the Organization of the Government of the Republic of Kenya to provide leadership in Petroleum affairs.
“To explore, develop and produce the petroleum reserves existing in the country’s sedimentary basins for sustainable national economic development and wealth creation”.
“To enhance self-sufficiency and security supply of petroleum products for reduction of total Import Bill and to increase foreign currency reserves thereof spurring industrial development and equitable improvement of the standard of living of Kenyan citizens”.
- Petroleum Policy.
- Strategic Petroleum stock management.
- Management of Upstream Petroleum Products Marketing.
- Oil and Gas Exploration Policy Development.
- Oil and Gas Sector Capacity development.
- Petroleum products, import/export/marketing policy Management.
- Licensing of Petroleum Marketing and Handling.
- Quality Control of Petroleum Products.
- Prudent utilization of resources
- Openness towards constructive criticism